Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pinterest & Caramels

Lets talk about Pinterest! Seriously I am obsessed & now want to become

A DIY Blogger with an amazing home
A Style Blogger with amazing outfits each day
An amazing cook
A perfect hostess with impeccable taste
A more thoughtful gift giver
A wedding planner (seriously the gorgeous wedding ideas are everywhere)

I really could go on; basically I now want to be amazing at everything & to be able to able to pin the pictures as proof lol

To make my pinning time turn productive I am planning on post my favorite finds of the week on my blog & the outcomes of projects and recipes I complete.  Maybe a few of you will join me J

First Up Fleur de Sel Caramels inspired by this picture.


 I mean how yummy does that look?

Caramel is by far one of my favorite treats.  In England I was in love with Thortons Toffee which was perfectly chewy yet soft.  It was oh so creamy with the perfect hint of vanilla.  My goal was to make my caramels have a smooth texture & that creamy flavor.  Adding the salt provided a little change making them perfectly salty & sweet.

I researched a few of the recipes found all over Pinterest & the adapted them to work for me & what I had on hand.   For my first try I am beyond impressed at how easy they were to make & that I was able to recreate one of my favorite candies.  They were a huge hit for my parents & co-workers.  My only regret is I didn’t take enough pictures, they were gone too quick.

   



Perfect homemade gift for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment