Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Victoria Beckham

My love of the Spice Girls & Victoria Beckham's style is no secret.  From the day I heard Wannabe the 90's child in me has been complete.  Thankfully my style has grown & so has theirs.  They have certainly come a long way from the glitter knee boots (which I would have died for in 1997).


Anyway, the who's who of British Fashion gathered in London Last night for the British Fashion Awards & Victoria won Designer Brand of the Year.  In my opinion a well deserved honor years in the making.  Posh & her gorgeous husband have been building their immensely successful brand "Beckham" for years.


In the fashion world her designs have been a huge success & she is rarely seen in other designers gowns. 

Beckham understands the importance of believing in your pieces. Consumers today see through sales pitches & need to know the celebrity/designer would wear their pieces not just plaster their name on them.

Above left is my favorite piece from her 2009 collection.  The silhouette is perfection & the subtle sequin waist adds some glam without being over baring.  I also am loving the halter gown Posh wore to the awards ceremony, the slim pleats are on trend for this winter.

What do you think of Victoria's designs?

A big contgrats to Sarah Burton for winning Designer of the Year.  Another well deserved honor after becoming the head of McQueen & the gorgeous Royal Wedding pieces how could she not win.


No comments:

Post a Comment