Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Montmartre, Je t'aime

and this view is why!


Lately I have been itching to travel and it has made me reminisce the fun I had in Paris and this gorgeous view is one of my favorite memories. 

Montmarte is 130 metres high and the home of one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen, Basilica of the Sacré Cœur.

File:Sacre-coeur-montmartre.jpg 

At the end of the 19th century many people descended to Montmarte as it was outside the city limits meaning there was no Paris Tax.  Due to this it became a favorite drinking destination and the centre of art and entertainment.  Today it remains popular for similar reasons.  As the home of the Moulin Rouge, scrumptious cafes and restaurants as well as magnificent street art.  The artistic inspiration surrounds and consumes you. For me knowing my favorite Artist, Monet, studied there made the experience so much more than a tourist attraction.  I imagined living a life of a Parisian filled with Art and chic fashion, sketching the skyline of Paris while nibbling on decadent sweets and fantastic wine. 


For anyone visiting Paris this is my number one pick for must see places, even over the Eiffel Tower!  I must find a way to get back there to enjoy a stunning sunset!



What's your favorite vacation memory?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have even been to Paris! :) I've studied French in high school and have wanted to go for the longest time!

    My favorite vacation memory was when my husband and I visited my brother in law in London. London is an awesome city! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should def. go sometime! Beautiful and chic.

    So glad you loved London, love my homeland :).

    ReplyDelete