Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

tis' the season: Royal Addition

I'm back to blog about the wedding again.  In my last post at around 6am Catherine was just entering her car. 

I have to say I am rather proud for calling the style of her dress before seeing it.  Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen did an amazing job on not one but two stunning gowns for the future Queen of England.

A departure from Burton's normal aesthetic for McQueen, I love how she captured the new Duchess of Cambridge's personal style.  From the lace to the impeccable fitting, the cinched waist and v neck you cannot deny the gown exudes Catherine's style. The handmade gorgeous and delicate lace was not only appropriate for a Royal Wedding dress but so feminine and a nod to the timeless style of Grace Kelly's dress.


This has to be my favorite part of the wedding.  They left in a Vintage Aston Martin which Prince Charles converted to use green fuel.  Covered in balloons and the classic British Learning red L on the front.  I love how the Prince driving, they seem so normal or as normal as Royalty can be. 


and at the end of the day I think I found my wedding dress.  All I can sat is this is perfection.  The perfect neckline, the perfect fabric, perfect crystals.
 I would not be shocked if more girls copy this gown that her actual wedding dress. Its a more easily accessible style to recreate and is sure to be readily available soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment