A few reasons I am counting the days until I'm home:
1. I get to see my childhood best friend get married!
2. Catching up with long lost friends.
3. Real Fish and Chips!
4. I get to see my family!
5. Going to a Pub, there is something about a Pub that no bar here has.
6. Shopping in Manchester ~ I miss shopping there, the mall in Roanoke just doesn't cut it.
7. Childhood memories ~ visiting places that I loved when I was little is always a good feeling.
8. London ~ some friends from here are meeting up with me to visit London. I can't wait to show them why I love my motherland :) The museums, palaces, stores, restaurants, clubs. I can't wait.
9. English Chocolate and candy!
10. Having my accent back for a few weeks lol.
* 10 over the last 12 yrs my accent has almost disappeared. Unless I'm with my family, upset or maybe a little tipsy. Some of this is on purpose, my job requires me to talk a lot and its really annoying when people say you talk to fast, I don't understand you or make fun of the way you say can't. So I try to slow it down, use American words like soda instead of pop. Unfortunately, I can't change the way I say CAN'T and many people think I'm saying "c*nt* lol
The manor above is Astley Hall, it is now a museum on the edge of my old Village. I have visited the Hall probably hundred's of time. When I was eight I had my Ballet pictures taken there, my mum used to hold events their and my friends I walked past it everyday walking to and from school. This place is not the most exciting place in the world but I have great memories and it is full of history from hundreds of years ago. They have a shoe that Oliver Cromwell left there when he was travelling and they filmed Moll Flanders their when I was in High School.